The next picture was the negative tide. It only occurs in the summer months during full moon. The tide is actually lower than normal sea level, and everything not covered by water dies. That's why the reef is so brown.
Below is a picture of the live coral reef at the edge of where we were walking. If you look at the first picture in the other post this is looking down into one of the crevices.
It was just so awesome.

Hi Paula and John, Mahlia and Adrian! Angus here! You know, my sisters and I were able to swim before we learned to walk. Mom called us "water babies." Your pictures are FANTASTIC! What a virtual paradise. Though I am sure there are things you miss here, I see your blog as typical of your life, Paula, reaching out with all fours and jumping into daily activities with ALL YA GOT! I know our LORD Jesus Christ is with you all the way. Know this: you have a buddy that will be checking in on your blog regularly. I used to walk near tide pools, loved little crawling things and the kelp that sways with every swell. That deep tide sounds awesome to me! We love you all! Angus
ReplyDelete