FOR TODAY: May 19, 2010
Outside my window...
the sun is shining, and the wind chimes are making a nice mellow sound of bamboo. In the distance a rooster crows.
I am thinking...
about how nice it is to be on a break from school for a few weeks.
how nice it is to hear the children playing quitely together.
working in the school room after while to be prepared for 2nd and 3rd grade to start.
when will our house sell in VA.
I am thankful for...
children doing their chores without being told.
savings sufficient to cover the expenses of our properties.
hubby being home.
From the learning rooms...
school is out for a little while, but the learning never stops.
Darling daughter is sewing a tank dress by hand.
Both children are learning about habits and we are trying to get rid of bad ones and reinforce good ones.
I am spending a little time most days preparing for return to school.
From the kitchen...
I am wearing...
blue shorts and a white, American Burn Association, t-shirt from 1993, no shoes of course.
I am creating...
plans for a successful school year.
new bread recipies.
I am going...
to enjoy this time off.
to "gently remind" children of the habits they are trying to learn.I am reading...
my Bible.
The Case for Jesus Christ by Lee Stobal.
The Shape of Mercy by Susan Messier
the teachers guide to My Father's World.
that our VA house sells soon.
I am hearing...
children playing and roosters crowing and hens and chicks cheeping, and in the back ground the constant hum of the fans.
Around the house...
one load of laundry is already on the line at 8am, and one load is waiting to be hung up.
the tomatoes are still blooming but the cucmbers are gone.
One of my favorite things...
being awakened by the sun and the roosters crow then lying in bed watching the sky and talking over the day with my Lord.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Baking a lemon birthday cake for son turning 7 on Thur. then taking him to eat "where they cook in front of you" , he means Japanese tapinyaki.
Bookclub meeting on Fri.
Getting a hair cut sometime this week.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
I am praying...
that I can instill some good habits in my children.
for our government to have wisdom.
for discernment and wisdom for this next phase of our schooling.
For now we are still Blooming Where We Are Planted.
Stem

No comments:
Post a Comment